Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Midnight Snack Attack!

Between this past March and this upcoming November, we will welcome a total of 7 new babies among all my girlfriends. So very exciting!

The arrival of all of these babies has started me thinking about the perfect "welcome home baby" gifts...

I vividly remember the beginning months of parenthood being full of tiresome days and wakeful nights. Its unavoidable. Every transition takes time. Mommy, Daddy, and Baby need time to get to know one another and to settle into a schedule that works for the family.

For one couple, I created a personalized "Snack Attack" basket to add a little fun to those tiresome days and wakeful nights. I filled a basket with some of our friends' favorite snacks. I included a box of cupcake onesies...fun & food themed, yet practical! As a final touch, I burned a cd of fun children songs related to eating that my daughter and I enjoy singing together. I entitled the cd "Snack Attack!"

Both parents very much appreciated the snacks and their baby girl LOVES the cd. A perfect gift for mommy, daddy, and baby!

If you don't have time to make it, Dean & Deluca offer great snack gift options (although, beware, they can be quite pricey!).

2 comments:

  1. what a fantastic idea for new parents! looking forward to more posts : )

    ReplyDelete